Strep Pneumo (Causing a slight bacterial pneumonia), Flu A Virus, Adeno (Cold) Virus (Possibly causing his red right eye and ear infection).
Joel’s tested positive for all of them.  They’re sending off a test for pertussis as well.
He’s been doing well, no new fevers.  If every thing goes well we could be out of here by Friday.
We’re holding off on Chemo, to preserve what immune system Joel has remaining to fight these viruses and his infection. But holding off should not jeopardize his trial enrollment since these sicknesses are not a result of med intolerance.
Again, pray things don’t complicate.


There are 2 comments for this post.

  1. Jim Rutherford on February 12, 2014 11:16 pm

    Praying! Believing!

  2. mary on February 15, 2014 10:25 am

    your family is in my prayers. Even though I don’t know you, I find my self thinking of you throughout the day.

Write a Comment

Let me know what you think?